We had amazing weather and children heard the gospel, enjoyed time in the pool, boating on the lake, hiking in the woods, basketball, crafts, sno-cones and so much more!
Thank you to all of the volunteer counselors who gave up their weekend to show God’s love to these children!
Here are just a couple stories (of many!) of how God moved:
- One counselor told his group of Campers from the beginning that they were brothers for the weekend. When a disagreement occurred between two of them Saturday evening, both Campers worked it out between themselves & shook hands, saying they forgave one another!
- Another counselor apologized to a Camper after she raised her voice in frustration. Later on, after being asked when she saw Jesus that day, the Camper replied when her counselor apologized to her!
- One counselor felt drawn to reach out to a group of youth that walks around in her home neighborhood (Carondelet) but didn’t know how. Lo & behold, she found out Friday night that one of her Campers lives only 3 blocks from her and is part of the group of youth that walks in her neighborhood!
- 40 kids stepped forward for group prayer & to express interest in getting connected at Grace Church (in Wellston)!
please “Reply” to this E-News OR call the MTC office!
Do you enjoy planning & talking with people?
Amber’s term of service with AmeriCorps*VISTA ends on August 15th and she is looking for someone to pass the torch onto! The foundation for the Volunteer Management program has been laid-out so the volunteer replacing Amber will only need to serve approximately 10 hours per week, helping to:
- Recruit volunteers using existing sources
- Track volunteer hours in existing database
- Send thank-you to volunteers
Training & administrative support will be provided. Contact us for more information!